Sony has started rolling out android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia Z1, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia tablet Z. As promised by Sony the update is now rolling out to all the Smartphone devices mentioned above. In fact Sony seems to have taken the update seriously that it is rolling out the update well within the deadline Sony had set for itself.
Sony made the announcement on its official blog with a list of new features that will be accompanied with the 4.3 jelly bean update. Some of the features include new Xperia themes, App drawer overhaul, and some other tweaks. See the whole list of added features below.
- Google’s Android 4.3; Jelly Bean as standard – bringing Project Butter performance & UI optimisation and a smoother graphical experience
- Launched with Xperia Z1, we’re now bringing Sony’s Smart Social Camera to these devices – our signature camera experience, that lets you download, access and enjoy “Xperia camera apps” directly from within the viewfinder
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, Sony Select and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration* – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, offering seamless access to both local and cloud content
- The launch of our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – more on this soon…
- The latest Android security enhancements, matched with Sony’s mobile enterprise solution: Xperia in Business
- Battery STAMINA Mode – updated version of Sony’s power management app, now with refreshed interface and more smart options for prolonging battery life
- Increased user control for Xperia Tablet Z, with “Restricted Profiles”; option to create isolated, secure spaces with individual local storage, home screens, widgets and settings
Sony has worked on to keep the update roll out well within the deadline, for the perfect holiday time. Recently Motorola announced 4.2.2 Android KitKat update for its latest flagship device Moto G, which was in fact lined up for early January release of the new year.
It seems like the handset makers are striving hard to release the updates for the perfect holiday time, so as to reach to more people.
The blog post also mentions that other Xperia devices like Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V will also join the android 4.3 jelly bean group. No wonder Sony has made the announcement, after Samsung leaks reported that some of its low end models will be upgraded to android KitKat. Thanks to KitKat’s ability to run on devices with 512MB of RAM.
The Xperia devices currently receiving the update are confirmed by Sony to receive android 4.4 KitKat in a short period.Sony rolling out Android 4.3 jelly bean for Xperia Z1, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Zhttp://www.gadgetcluster.com/2013/12/sony-rolling-android-4-3-jelly-bean-xperia-z1-xperia-zl-xperia-zr-xperia-tablet-z/ MOBILEandroid,Sony